Please follow and like us:0Follow By Mallory Burns Whether you’re looking for a convenient location for a casual business together to start your work day, a place to showcase some ol’ fashioned Southern charm to your out-of-town friends and family, or a pleasant atmosphere to […]
Please follow and like us:0Follow Brood & Barley plans to open in early 2020 at 411 Main Street in the heart of Argenta. “Brood & Barley is a Flyway Brewing Project and is an extension of the Flyway brand. Specialty beer and food options will […]
There are so many really cool events coming up in the very near future in and around Little Rock. Check out all of the details below…
1. Conway’s Wunderhaus will be hosting its Fall Market on Sunday, October 20th from 12 p.m.- 8 p.m. at 900 Locust Street in downtown. Expect live music, local artisans, and even a pie contest.
2. The 15th Annual St. Mark’s Shrimp Boil (benefiting St. Francis House) is this Saturday, October 5th from 5-9 p.m. For ticket and event information, please click here.
3. Rabbit Ridge Farm in Bee Branch is celebrating its 2-year anniversary on Friday, October 18th from 6-11 p.m. Click here for complete details. Also, this from the RRF: “Don’t want to drive? Hop on the bus Gus! We have a new plan Stan! A 55 seat bus will leave downtown Little Rock at 6:00 make a stop in the Conway Town Center in Conway and will reach its final destination at the farm.”
4. Chef Ken Dempsey is teaming up with Delta Biscuit Company and Me and McGee Market for its first Fall Social. Tickets are $30 and will score you Ken’s Texas-Style brisket, pulled pork, smoked sausage, grandma’s pinto beans, seasonal sides from the market, and tea or lemonade.
5, On Monday, October 21st from 6:30-8:30 p.m., The Capital Hotel hosts the Thea Foundation’s Blue Plate Special.
6. HarvestFest in Hillcrest is one of my absolute favorite events in Little Rock … there’s just so much to walk around and see, do, buy, drink, and eat. October 12th from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. is when things go down.
7. And don’t forget about the World Cheese Dip Festival is this Saturday, October 5 at the Clinton Presidential Center.
8. The Arkansas State Fair is October 11-2oth. I leave it up to you to seek out the details … including concerts, food, drink, rides, etc. There’s a lot to cover.
9. Chili Fights in the Heights was scheduled for Saturday, October 26th from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
10. The 2019 Arkansas Cornbread Festival will be held on Saturday, October 26 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on South Main Street in Little Rock. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the event, and allow attendees to sample and vote on cornbread and side dish favorites.
And one to grow on…
The Next Course, the annual fundraiser dinner benefiting Youth Home, Inc., will be held at Ben E. Keith Foods Mid-South on Thursday, October 17th at 6 p.m.
Please follow and like us:0Follow Quick thoughts from my latest eating experiences from around the Little Rock area… Deluca’s Pizza I went down to Hot Springs five months ago to try the then new cheeseburger at Deluca’s. The hockey puck-shaped beef patty covered in gooey […]
Please follow and like us:0Follow I met Chef Michael Reid several months ago when he was a guest on our weekly radio show. At the time, he was working in the kitchen at The Root. While on the radio, his calm demeanor and extensive culinary […]