1. What is the name of your blog? Confessions of a Chocoholic
2. Could you describe your blog in one sentence? My blog chronicles my culinary adventures, restaurant reviews, recipe making, and baking projects.
3. How did you get into food blogging? I started Confessions of a Chocoholic to marry two of my passions: food and writing. I’ve always loved to write and I definitely love to eat, so why not blog about it? Through the years, I’ve evolved my blog from the personal diary-type of journal to a more focused food blog. I’m very inspired by the numerous food bloggers and writers I follow, so I put a lot of effort into my own blog in hopes that I can inspire some else too – not necessarily to blog, but even just to bake or cook some pasta or even try one of my favorite restaurants.
4. What’s the toughest part of writing about food? My personal challenge is to not just comment on how the food tastes (how many other words are there for delicious?) but to connect food to memories, places, and events. Food connects everyone, it always stirs the soul, so I try to convey emotions in my writing. However, I understand that not every post has to be so poetic, so I guess another challenge is just finding the right balance in my writing so that my voice is heard while I’m able to express how I felt while eating.
5. What’s been your favorite food moment? I’ve been fortunate to have many of these favorite food moments! One of my very favorites is spending Christmas Eve with my family. In the Philippines, this is called Noche Buena (I wrote a blog post about it last year) and my parents always prepare a grand spread!
6. Do you have a top restaurant? If so, what’s the name and is there an item you generally order? This is a tough question! I really, really like Craigie on Main and of course my favorite item there is the burger. However, last month when I ate there I ordered the special vegetarian entrée and it was spectacular! So I can’t believe a vegetarian plate is giving the burger a run for its top spot on my list. Oh and of course I always get dessert there, something with chocolate.
7. What’s one U.S. city you’d travel to just for the food? New Orleans! I’ve never been there and I’d love to experience the food and the culture. *and all that jazz!*
8. Is there a food you absolutely despise? Fish sauce (I’m allergic). Eww. And olives.
9. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten? Calves brains. I really like it.
10. Are you more likely to stick with what you know, or do you try something new each time? It depends on my mood. I usually try to order/cook something new each time, but then there are some things that are just so good that I keep wanting to eat it again!
All images provided by Confessions of a Chocoholic
*Sriracha Spaghettini Aglio Olio