My random thoughts…brought to you once a week!
- I’m about to write a piece for Eating Our Words on Mandola’s Deli. Here’s a brief summary…go!
- Have you noticed that every auto insurance company claims they can save you $500 from the competition? Some one is full of crap.
- Did I previously describe the Astros as scrappy? I meant sh*tty.
- Newsflash…Houston has a sewage problem. I am sick and tired of stopping at a traffic light, and within seconds, it smells like ten people took a dump in my car. What’s up with that? I said, what’s up with that? (sorry, SNL reference)
- Oak Forest Library has opened. Officially…Reliant Stadium was built quicker.
- Facebook Folly (Picture This): Why do some people post such random pics of themselves EVERY. SINGLE. DAY? Even if you’re super hot, I still don’t care. No one does. Not your bf/gf/bff/gff/mom/dad/dog…no one.
- Upcoming Meal Deals around Houston: Easter brunches Sunday, April 24th. benjy’s rice village (2424 Dunstan) – The newly renovated West University restaurant will showcase a delicious three-course menu–$35. Newcomer Philippe Restaurant + Lounge (1800 Post Oak Blvd) will offer a festive French-inspired Easter menu created by Chef Philippe Schmit. Highlights will include Easter Lamb Three Ways, rack of lamb with potato-gruyere gratin, leg of lamb with flageolets and slow-cooked lamb shoulder with spring vegetables; Baked Eggs with Lobster, with lobster bisque sauce, toasted “solider”; Brioche French Toast, with berries + walnut-maple syrup; Eggs in a Basket, sunny side up duck eggs in savory french toast, sauteed mushrooms; and a la carte menu. Restaurant Cinq in La Colombe d’Or– Chef Jeramie Robison is serving an a la carte menu of seasonal dishes including, Roasted Beet Salad, Fresh Watermelon Salad, Luna Ravioli and Jumbo Lump Crab Tower for appetizers; Entrees that include a variety of meat and seafood–Braised Short Rib, Scallops, Alaskan HAlibut and Baby Colorado Rack of Lamb; as well as an entire “Eggs” menu featuring five different entrees with eggs, including Salmon Gravioux Crispy Tortilla, Buttermilk Bisguits, Shrimp & Grits and Prime Filet and Eggs. Executive Chef Juan Gonzalez at Bistro Alex in CITYCENTRE has added some seasonal Cajun classics to his standout holiday brunch menu. Brunch will be offered at $39 per person–prix-fixed-price menu