From time to time, I’ll give you some quick takes on the ups and downs of my recent Little Rock eating experiences.
- Taj Mahal’s keema naan is one of the better things I’ve eaten in Little Rock.
- Check out the stand that sells strawberry lemonade at the Argenta Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings.
- The Root Cafe’s donut muffin is good.
- I had heard good things, but I came away unimpressed with Tokyo House. The fish in their sushi rolls was almost nonexistent.
- Lenny’s Sub Shop. Don’t knock it. When it comes to fast food sandwiches, Lenny’s is tops. Jimmy John’s is second. Subway is below last place.
- ZAZA’s margarita is the best way to celebrate any work week.
- I had two sips of a slushie from Dickey-Stephens Park. I almost gagged.
- El Porton’s chicken soft tacos (a la carte) are magical. Seriously.
- I go to Taco Bell about once a decade. My latest trip came two weekends ago when I felt the obligation to try the Doritos Locos Tacos. It didn’t end well.
- Corky’s bbq chicken is moist and delicious. Try substituting it for the pulled pork on their baked potato…only costs an extra $1.
- Corky’s charging an extra buck for my chicken substitution sucked major ass.
- Hey Shotgun Dan’s…Pizza Inn called…they want their pizza back.
- Pass on the barbecue nachos at Whole Hog Café.
- A special thank you to Thanh My for employing one waiter for 15+ tables.
- Non Food Related Note: I’d like to send a f-you to the asshole armadillo tearing up my front yard.