Each month, I’ll give you some quick hits on the ups and downs of my Little Rock eating experiences.
- Have you tried Old Mill Bread Bakery & Cafe’s tiny dinner yeast rolls? I can fit two in my mouth at once.
- There’s no doubt about it, El Porton’s chicken soft tacos wallop those of Casa Manana. But when it comes to chips and salsa, the reverse is true.
- Layla’s yogurt plate is still the best thing I’ve eaten in Little Rock.
- My innards can no longer handle the freight train that is Taco Bell.
- I made my first visit to a Little Rock food truck: Southern Gourmasian. When it comes to food trucks, I always look for the 3f’s: fast, friendly, and fresh. Their crew nailed it.
- Good news/bad news: ZAZA’s pizza has been inconsistent (my last bbq chicken pizza underwelmed), but their gelato continues to impress. The chocolate peanut butter was worth the 3 Lactaids I had to choke down to eat it.
- Please go check out the Bernice Garden Farmers’ Market! It’s every Sunday through November 11 (10 a.m.-2 p.m.). I’ve been and can’t recommend it enough.
- I can’t tell you what a bad ass I felt like drinking my cocktail out of a tin cup. Thank you The Pantry.