Ever wonder what other foodies are thinking? Me too!
1. What is your position at Eater Houston? Editor
2. Could you describe your web site in one sentence? Eater is a fast-paced intensely localized site for Houston food news.
3. How did you get into food writing? By bugging the shit out of people (namely, Katharine Shilcutt, current food critic for the Houston Press) and letting them know I was available for writing gigs.
4. What’s the toughest part of writing about food? Losing a tiny bit of passion for the industry, because it becomes a job. It’s a job I love, but some days, it’s frustrating, just like any other job.
5. What’s been your favorite food moment? In Houston, it’d have to be my first visit to Mark’s American Cuisine before I even moved to the city. I’ll never forget the oyster appetizer and the hazelnut torte. Ever.
6. Do you have a top restaurant? If so, what’s the name and is there an item you generally order? It’s so cliche, but picking a favorite restaurant is like picking a favorite child, you just can’t do it.
7. What’s one U.S. city you’d travel to just for the food? New York City
8. Is there a food you absolutely despise? Miracle Whip
9. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten? Jellyfish
10. Are you more likely to stick with what you know, or do you try something new each time? Try something new.