Get ready for the weekend with a Thursday Happy Hour! This week, Carrie head’s to a Brugal Rum tasting event.
Kevin’s busy schedule results in yummy drinks for me…I like this scenario!
The event: A Brugal Rum tasting. Haven’t heard of Brugal Rum? Brugal, the #1 rum in the Caribbean, is the only 100% Dominican Rum. It’s availability in the U.S. is limited to Boston, Philadelphia, and now, Houston!
The place: The Blue Bar at Brenner’s on the Bayou. If you haven’t been here, add it to your places to go list. The Blue Bar is a patio bar overlooking the bayou and grounds that surround Brenner’s. On a nice afternoon, this is the perfect spot for a tasty beverage. Yummy apps too!
The drinks: 4 Brugal cocktails were featured in addition to 2 signature Brugal drinks created by the Brenner’s mixologist.. The rundown:
- On the Rocks – enough said
- Santo Libre – Brugal, 7 up and a squeeze of lime
- Golden Mojito – Mint, sugar, lime and Brugal topped with soda
- Brugal Splash – Brugal, pineapple juice and a splash of lemon-lime soda
- Caramel Apple – Brugal, Apple Pucker, Butterscotch schnapps and soda
- Old-Fashioned – Brugal, muddled cherries and oranges and soda
I tried the mojito, the old-fashioned, and the caramel apple. The mojito was just my style…light and refreshing, not too sweet with a little fizz. Perfection! The old-fashioned had good flavor but was a little too serious for me to drink on a regular basis. Don’t get me wrong…I finished it, but I don’t know that I’d be able to drink too many of those bad boys. According to my mom, an old-fashioned is a good “man’s drink.” Surprisingly, the caramel apple was not overly sweet or apple-y. A great warm weather cocktail. Happy drinking!