Follow Mike’s journey with Finding Balance.
What do you write about when you absolutely can’t think of anything new? If you’re me, you steal one of Kevin’s moves and go with a series of ramblings – nothing connected, no real point but fun none the less.
- After eating healthy for the better part of a month, I’ve learned it’s next to impossible to dive back into old habits without any repercussions. Case in point, I recently decided I needed a bacon cheeseburger. Bad decision – I paid for it with a night full of pain. I haven’t felt that gross and uncomfortable in quite a while. Needless to say, there aren’t any of those in my near future.
- I watched the new Daniel Tosh special “Happy Thoughts” a couple of nights ago. That guy definitely has his own brand of humor. If you plan on watching him, I hope you’re not easily offended. A couple of weeks ago, I saw Jo Koy at the Improv. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. I love comedians and have a ton of respect for what they do. It’s hard enough to be funny all the time, much less in front of a room full of people. My current favorite comedians are Patton Oswalt, Mike Birbiglia, Jo Koy and Kevin Hart.
- Anybody watch American Idol this week? I definitely have my favorites (Lauren, Casey, Pia) and there are several who get on my last damn nerve (Jacob, Scotty, Haley). I don’t know why I continue to watch this show, but I do. And I’m not proud of that fact…
- As a sports fan, this time of year is very challenging. Football is over, baseball hasn’t really started yet, the NBA is dumb and we’re not quite to March Madness. I am going crazy waiting for the NFL Draft. There’s so much hype and such a long lead time, I just want it to be here. I can’t get truly excited about anything else, mainly since the Rockets are mediocre and the Astros promise to be terrible. Hopefully March Madness has some surprises in store.
- Finally, a quick update on my progress. As of this morning, I have lost 14 lbs since February 8th. Thank you to everyone for your continued support, especially to Kevin for staying on my case and pushing me to keep going.