Fridays are dedicated to the beginner cook.
This simple and different method to preparing broccoli was relayed to me by my friend Mickey. We make it about once a week in our household. Why? It tastes awesome and…it’s easy! See those blackened areas? That’s charred goodness! Anytime you’re making a big meal, it’s great to have an easy side dish recipe like this one. It keeps you from going insane.
1. Fill an entire baking sheet with broccoli florets.
2. Pour olive oil all over the broccoli.
3. Salt, pepper, and add minced garlic. Add some cayenne pepper for spice.
4. Give a good shake to make sure all parts are covered.
5. Throw sheet into a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
6. For the final minute of baking…switch to broil. This gives it a nice char.
I LOVE roasted broccoli. To get a good sear started, I put the cookie sheet in the oven when I turn it on. I put the broccoli on a plate to toss it with the oil and then when the oven is heated, I dump it onto the now screaming hot cookie sheet. Then when it's done I put it back on the same plate I mixed it up on.