Nope…not gonna write a post about how to boil water. But boiling water will be the hardest thing to do in this one-pot, basic recipe. About the only thing I hate about cooking is the clean up. Even the most basic of recipes can have tornadic affects on the kitchen. Not this one.
1. Get a large, deep pot and fill about 3/4 full of water…salt generously. Set on high and bring to boil.
2. Get some broccoli florets and diced carrots and throw in water. Boil for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Once you hit the 6-minute mark, leave veggies in the water and add a package of angel hair pasta.
4. Boil the veggies and pasta for 5 more minutes.
5. Turn off heat, drain everything, and return pasta and veggies to the original pot.
6. Place pot back on the cooling burner and add 2 TBSP of butter and a generous pour of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. (Add a seasoning like dried basil if desired)
7. Finally, add a cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Serve.
The clean up will be easy…one pot, one colander, one mixing spoon, one knife, and one cutting board.
*Note…If you like to add some meat to the dish, purchase some quality smoked sausage that comes fully cooked and add to the boiling water for about a minute.