Special Feature, By Zara Abbasi
Mother’s Day is right around the corner but gift giving can be hard! Do you send flowers again? Or how about candy? Does she like perfume or makeup?? Or a massage? Or to cook?? So many things to consider. But the fact is, the “mom” you’re shopping for is a multifaceted person with several different likes and you may have to focus on just one.
Being a mom, you honestly just want a happy and safe family and a little time to relax w/o obligations, right? That’s the gist of it but how does that translate to gifts? Well if you’re shopping for someone like me (who loves to cook) then you go to Eggshells Kitchen Co. and look at these items that make cooking fun and life a little easier.
I created a wishlist registry at Eggshells in case you need gift giving ideas for the moms in your life. I tried to look at items that were interesting, necessary or something that I would just like in my own Kitchen. Take a look! Happy shopping!
1. First things first, if she cooks for you all the time, COOK FOR HER! These Farmhouse waffles are perfect for a Mother’s Day breakfast. Get the kids to help out and make it a family affair. Get one of the many selections of waffle irons and actually put that thing to use! Add the personal cuisinart coffee French press as an extra flair. Then you can make it a tradition to use that every year for her birthday and Mother’s Day. She’ll smile everytime she sees it.
2. Next, fix up her kitchen for her. That means new marble countertops, new cabinets, new appliances, lighting….you know, the normal stuff. I’m only halfway kidding here! Obviously if you can surprise her like that, by all means do so. But, realistically I mean, get her some new stuff to spruce up the kitchen. Does she need matching dish towels and an apron? Probably. Mix and match with some of the amazing selections at Eggshells. And, throw in a copy of a good cookbook for her to flip through.
3. Moving on to organization. Moms like order. Moms like zero hassles. Moms like having matching Tupperware without ever having to say curse words. If your mom is swimming under mismatched Tupperware or has 30 lids and 4 containers, get her a brand new set! No it’s not the fanciest gift, but if it’s something she needs, go an extra step and clear out the old stuff and replenish with the new set as a surprise. Couple this with a gift card for a massage and you’re gold.
4. If you really want to win mom’s heart, give her some amazing new cookware or a knife set. Chances are she’s still cooking with a set that’s years old and has seen better days. The Scanpan, Le Creuset dutch oven and Wushtoff knife set are classic staples in a well equipped kitchen. All three items are versatile and will quickly become “go-to” pieces. From omelets to sauteed fish in the scanpan to a full pot roast or a loaf of bread in the dutch oven, these two pans can handle a bevy of things. As for knives, we all need sharp knives because a dull knife in the kitchen is your worst enemy. Not only are they frustrating when trying to cut things, they’re downright dangerous and can cause cuts and injuries from slipping.
5. Does the mom you are shopping for like to bake? If so, she should definitely have a Kitchenaid mixer. Yes, people have baked successfully for years without one, but trust me, it makes life easier and baking more fun. The mixers come in a ton of different colors to match her decor but they go further than just looking pretty. These machines are beasts and can whip up meringue or help roll out sheets of pasta and a slew of things in between. It is one of my kitchen essentials (I have 3!) Speaking of baking, she may also like something pretty like a new cake plate to display her cakes or something completely unique such as the portion cutters! These things are so cute! Just take the number of slices you want from your cake or pie, place it in the center and it’ll leave marks of where to cut! Super useful if you want equal slices.
6. Last but not least, you can make an amazing gift basket for her. Eggshells has tons of little items that are totally unique and helpful. Further, after you select your gifts, they will arrange it for you in a gift basket and shrink wrap the whole thing for a professional look! Here are a few items that I found helpful, unique or a favorite of mine. The Bonta Toscana garlic sauce is a staple in my fridge. We love it on pasta as well as eggs and as a base for other dishes. It’s made locally by my friend Amy Benton Bradley Hole and it is a gem of a product. I also love the Maine Woods hand soap. I love wonderful smelling things and this soap can be found at my house almost always because of the clean but neutral scent. Summer is upon us, so the Corkcicle is a wonderful idea for taking a drink to the pool this summer or just for running around town. Things like the silicone sponge, bowl scraper and to-go cup seem like an afterthought on their own, but when combined together in a gift basket, their uniqueness really shines. Speaking of ‘shining’ have you seen this cute little glitter flask?! Hey, mom could party too, you know. Lastly, get a gift card! Throw it all together or hand all these things over to one of the professionals and they will get it all wrapped up for you!
Hopefully, this list is a great way to get your creativity going for the things mom may want this year! More than anything, just remember that mom will love that you thought of her and her needs.